WE AT SVERIGES INTERNATIONELLA TALANGER (SIT) UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO. We feel overwhelmed at times, too. After all, we are studying, working, speaking to mentors, considering internships and looking for our future paths while trying to keep this organization going. Truth is, what we are doing is unfortunately very necessary. Diversity is not something that is easily understood and appreciated and it is affecting our ability to work, contribute, and even support our families. It seems we have a lot of convincing to do in order get the idea across that businesses and society actually benefit from the global perspectives immigrants bring.
SIT IS NOT JUST THE LINKEDIN COMMUNITY where members can exchange professional information and "meet". It has become an organization giving all of us the support we need from time to time. As to why we have not communicated anything via this blog in a few weeks... We have been a little busy.
THESE ARE SOME OF THE THINGS WE HAVE BEEN DOING to keep the organization alive since our panel discussion in September and the following report on what can be done to open the labor market to foreign academics who are already here.
- We met with the American Chamber of Commerce, a few companies, and several recruiting firms to introduce our organization as a source for talent.
- We sent 10 names of members to our partners at Senior Advisers so that these members can gain some valuable mentorship.
- We have been working with Rotary Clubs to launch a pilot mentorship program in February for 20 more members.
- We are visiting Mälmo November 22nd to introduce our organization and share our panel discussion learnings at SACOs student mässan.
- We are attending the Working for Change conference November 24 to meet others also involved in pushing the idea of workplace inclusion as smart business.
- We will be attending and participating in a panel discussion at the Bazaren conference in Stockholm on January29 and 30.
BUT WE NOW NEED YOUR HELP.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can give us some of your time! We are searching for companies to partner with us and for international talent to pitch in with our public relations efforts. Of course, we also encourage those already working to convince their bosses to hire global talent and bring them into the Swedish labor market.